The Rotary Club of Mobile established a Rotary General Fund Grant program in 2006 to help local non-profit organizations with capital needs. Through the years, grants have funded a wide range of projects including the following:
- An addition at the Alabama School of Math & Science
- The Rotary Spinal Rehab Unity at Mobile Infirmary
- Creation of the Rotary Pediatric Dental Unit at the USA Women & Children’s Hospital
- An addition to the Ronald McDonald House
- An addition for Wilmer Hall
- Computer equipment for Dumas Wesley Center
The conditions for grant eligibility are as follows:
- Request does not exceed $10,000.
- Request is non-recurring.
- The project addresses significant and meaningful needs in the Mobile area.
- The project addresses capital needs e.g. equipment or brick and mortar expenses.
- Children or healthcare are the primary beneficiaries of the proposed project.
- The grant is a material contributor to the project’s viability.
- The organization notes how Rotary Club of Mobile will be recognized for the grant.
- Grant applications are complete and submitted by October 30th each year.
Download the application form here